Saturday 12 November 2011

Day 73 - Castaway Island

Sitting on the beach on a small island in Halong Bay. Some of the group have gone kayaking, Lee's swimming somewhere (little worried), the rest of us are relaxing on the sand. I can hear the voices of the lads playing drinking games in one of the huts. Of course, on a party tour, there'll always be some people who never stop.

DSC_0923


Two simultaneous games of Kings last night. New rules - Stephen Hawking card, troll card, and lots of clothes swapping. Ended up in two girls' dresses and Louise's underwear.

DSC_0905

DSC_0906


Wasn't as messy for me as I expected. Probably because someone nicked my last three drinks. Had a couple of good conversations, especially with Whitney and Lauren, both from Oregon. Night's low point was having the Bristol lad, Daniel, tell me that I was okay, even though all Irish Catholics are c**ts. He's under the impression that we're all in the IRA, and that the Catholics 'started it'. With all the drink consumed, I thought it wisest just to leave. Was up 'til 4am, slept on deck, waking to a clear blue sky.

Beach is idyllic. Tiny, remote, sleeping in huts. Paradise.


No comments: