Tuesday 29 November 2011

Day 90 - Bangkok

Wonder how loudly I was snoring last night. Get up and shower, go downstairs for breakfast. Ask at reception to stay two more nights, but they're full. Book a new place online. Ask about a doctor, and she recommends BNH - originally Bangkok Nursing Home, now a private hospital which operates with such clean efficiency that I am €110 poorer before an hour is up. Very swish place, even have valet parking. I am issued an ID card, and a nurse does a swift BP/weight/height. The doctor agrees with my sinusitis diagnosis, and prescribes me my desired antibiotics, as well as decongestants in both spray and tablet form. These are presented to me in a boutique bag, undoubtedly made of recycled paper. All super-modern.



I go for a wander in the warmth, and take some internet time, then get a head and neck massage. Not entirely sure it relaxed me at all, but it was nice.

Splurged on a burger in the Irish pub, back in the hostel chilling now. Taking advantage of the common room.

No comments: